Comprehensive Study of the Maldivian Civil Society
The report provides insight into the opportunities for improving the public confidence in CSOs and the key concerns that should be addressed when decentralizing the regulation and monitoring of CSOs.
Valuing Biodiversity - the economic case for biodiversity conservation in the Maldives
The “Atoll Ecosystem Conservation” (AEC) project co-financed by the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and implemented through UNDP by Ministry of Housing, Transport and Environment is putting forward this report that demonstrates and quantify the value of Biodiversity and Atoll ecosystem conservation in the Maldives.
- 22 Dec 2013:Developing the local councillors orientation curriculum
- 22 Dec 2013:SOPs for Women's Development Committees and Local Councils
- 15 Dec 2013:UNDP supports development of future leaders through the Youth Leadership Programme
UNDP Maldives on Flickr
- Here's a sneak peek at our prizes for the winners of "MAGEY THIMAAVESHI" Environment Quiz for World Environment Day 2016. Check out our page and take part now to win exciting prizes! Last quiz question tomorrow. You must attempt all 10 questions to participate. 2 hours ago
- "MAGEY THIMAAVESHI" - Environment Quiz QUESTION 9: What does Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 13 on Climate Action call for? a) Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts b) Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development c) Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss INBOX US YOUR ANSWERS TO WIN PRIZES! There is no country in the world that is not seeing first-hand the drastic effects of climate change. Greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise, and global warming is causing long-lasting changes to our climate system, which threatens irreversible consequences if we do not take action now. The annual average losses globally from just earthquakes, tsunamis, tropical cyclones and flooding count in the hundreds of billions of dollars, requiring huge investments in disaster risk management alone. Addressing climate change is Goal 13 of the 17 goals that make up the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Island states such as the Maldives are more vulnerable to the effects of climate change and needs strengthening of its resilience and adaptive capacity. Goal 13 aims to mobilize $100 billion annually on a global scale by 2020 to address the needs of developing countries and help mitigate climate-related disasters. Photo: Jinni/UNDP Maldives 2015 --- Attempt all 10 questions to participate. Question 1 can be found at https://www.facebook.com/UNDPMaldives/photos/a.398304359474.181092.123947019474/10153852742829475/?type=3&theater Question 2 can be found at https://www.facebook.com/UNDPMaldives/photos/a.398304359474.181092.123947019474/10153859207079475/?type=3&theater Question 3 can be found at https://www.facebook.com/UNDPMaldives/photos/a.398304359474.181092.123947019474/10153866242479475/?type=3&theater Question 4 can be found at https://www.facebook.com/UNDPMaldives/photos/a.398304359474.181092.123947019474/10153872274379475/?type=3&theater Question 5 can be found at https://www.facebook.com/UNDPMaldives/photos/a.398304359474.181092.123947019474/10153879296059475/?type=3&theater Question 6 can be found at https://www.facebook.com/UNDPMaldives/photos/pcb.10153885596749475/10153885591919475/?type=3&theater Question 7 can be found at https://www.facebook.com/UNDPMaldives/photos/pcb.10153892226934475/10153892225569475/?type=3&theater Question 8 can be found at https://www.facebook.com/UNDPMaldives/posts/10153901717814475 Keep watching this space for the questions that will be featured throughout the month of May. Inbox your answers to UNDP Maldives. Those with the most correct answers stand a chance to win exciting prizes!! Our winner selection process will be a transparent one, details of which will be made public. Winners will be contacted via their Facebook accounts. Participants are responsible for monitoring their accounts for communications related to this quiz. The final winners will be announced on World Environment Day on June 5th. Quiz open to Maldivian nationals. Question 10 on May 31st! #mageythumaaveshi #WED2016 #SDGs #GlobalGoals #Agenda2030 18 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook