Comprehensive Study of the Maldivian Civil Society
The report provides insight into the opportunities for improving the public confidence in CSOs and the key concerns that should be addressed when decentralizing the regulation and monitoring of CSOs.
Valuing Biodiversity - the economic case for biodiversity conservation in the Maldives
The “Atoll Ecosystem Conservation” (AEC) project co-financed by the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and implemented through UNDP by Ministry of Housing, Transport and Environment is putting forward this report that demonstrates and quantify the value of Biodiversity and Atoll ecosystem conservation in the Maldives.
- 22 Dec 2013:Developing the local councillors orientation curriculum
- 22 Dec 2013:SOPs for Women's Development Committees and Local Councils
- 15 Dec 2013:UNDP supports development of future leaders through the Youth Leadership Programme
UNDP Maldives on Flickr
- Within the margins of the UN General Assembly this September, the Maldivian delegation which included the Minister of Foreign Affairs Ms. Dhunya Maumoon and Minister of Environment and Energy Honorable Mr. Thorig Ibrahim met with UNDP Administrator Helen Clark. During this meeting, UNDP administrator appreciated the strong partnership between UNDP and the government of Maldives and welcomed the new United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) that was recently adopted. UNDP’s new Country Programme (2015 – 2020) for the Maldives was also approved by UNDP Executive Board in September this year. The Administrator reflected on UNDP’s efforts to seek more innovative and flexible ways of expanding its programmes carried out in different countries and reassured the Maldivian delegation of its commitment to the development of Maldives. The Minister of Foreign Affairs also appreciated the support provided by UNDP as a development partner and noted that the organizations presence is “beyond symbolic”. The Maldivian delegation assured the Administrator that UNDP can count on the government as an equal partner and further discussed on ways how UNDP and government could jointly work in mobilizing resources for development programmes and projects of UNDP implemented in the Maldives. Tuesday AT 12:29 AM
- UNDP Maldives and the Ministry of Law and Gender have today held the preliminary validation workshop to present the National Gender Policy. The National Gender Policy envisions a society where women and men have equal roles and responsibilities in the economic, political and social development of the country, and in which all individuals are able to achieve their full potential and realize their human rights. One of the key initiatives of the Policy was the Maldives Gender Equality Model which aims to promote and acknowledge institutions that has taken exceptional initiates to roll out the four outcomes identified in the Gender Policy The workshop was attended by the Attorney General, UNDP Resident Representative, Policy makers and other key stakeholders. 04 October AT 07:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook