Comprehensive Study of the Maldivian Civil Society
The report provides insight into the opportunities for improving the public confidence in CSOs and the key concerns that should be addressed when decentralizing the regulation and monitoring of CSOs.
Valuing Biodiversity - the economic case for biodiversity conservation in the Maldives
The “Atoll Ecosystem Conservation” (AEC) project co-financed by the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and implemented through UNDP by Ministry of Housing, Transport and Environment is putting forward this report that demonstrates and quantify the value of Biodiversity and Atoll ecosystem conservation in the Maldives.
- 22 Dec 2013:Developing the local councillors orientation curriculum
- 22 Dec 2013:SOPs for Women's Development Committees and Local Councils
- 15 Dec 2013:UNDP supports development of future leaders through the Youth Leadership Programme
UNDP Maldives on Flickr
- Check out the innovative efforts by the community of N. Kudafari in adapting to changing climatic conditions. The community located at the heart of Noonu Atoll, whose economy relied heavily on tuna fisheries, are now at risk as the fish catch, over the past years, has declined significantly due to increasing ocean temperatures caused by Climate Change. In a bid to change fortunes for the islanders, two local NGOs, Association for Noonu Atoll Development (AND) and Friends AID, through a small grant from Tourism Adaptation (TAP) Project, are now piloting pearl and grouper aquaculture as a much needed alternative livelihood activity. Watch them in action on the ground! ttps://goo.gl/BPYHy7 8 hours ago
- Gaanoonul uqoobaathakee koba? (What is the Penal Code?) We are partnering up with the Attorney General’s Office to launch a public awareness campaign on the new #MVPenalCode. Want to learn more? Check out the video below! Visit the official penal code website www.penalcode.mv or download the app ‘MVPenalCode’ to find out more about this historic legislation! Sunday AT 03:32 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook